Goat farming is quite popular in Kerala not from today but from ancient times. A good Revenue can generate in small investment in Goat farming in Kerala. The Kerala state is well known for the Green Paradise on earth that’s why Kerala is best suited for Goat Farming. Goat is the animal that can survive on green grass or a handful of grain. It can make a good revenue if it is done on a large scale in Kerala.
More than 30 % Of areas in Kerala is the forest area. That can be quite beneficial for goat farming
Malabari is the local goat breed of Kerala which is quite a productive dual-purpose goat breed. The low cost goat farming is possible in Kerala because it has more green land for grazing.
Goat farming in Kerala can make a good profit it can make more profit if goat raised with indigenous chicken. In Kerala The Non-Vegetarian Population is more if going with this business can be a good idea.
Housing arrangement for goats is one of the important part of goat farming business. This state is well known for the Heavy rains so, the Elevated floor is suggested for goat farming in Kerala.
The elevated floor is a bit costly but it has its own advantages. It is labor-friendly no need to put extra effort in cleaning all the Manure and urine goes down. One more benefit in this farming you can raise desi or indigenous chicken down the floor.
In commercial goat farming or stall, fed goat farming the open area for exercise should be double the living area. The housing or shed should be well ventilated for a better cross-section of air or for good health of the goats.
Things You Should Know before starting goat farming in Kerala
- Start with fewer goats.
- Start with indigenous goat breed of Kerala (Malabari) because Kerala is the southern part of India other goat breeds will take time to set in the Environment of Kerala.
- Clear your purpose of goat farming, why you want to do goat farming for Meat purpose, Milk purpose, Breeding Purpose, and Eid Purpose.
- Don’t overspent in the Goat housing in the beginning.
- Take training or visit near farms.
- Proper knowledge about medicine or vaccination is one of the main part of goat farming. If you learn which medicine has to give on which time then no one can restrict you in making a good profit in Goat farming.
Best suited goat breed In Kerala
- Malabari goat
- Sirohi goat
- Boer goat breed
- Osmanabadi goat Breed
- Barbari goat breed
- Jamunapari Goat Breed
The productivity of Malabari Local Goat breed of Kerala
|Normal Height||28-30 inches|
|Udder Size of adult Doe||Big|
|Coat Color||Pure White|
|Purpose Of Breed||Dual Purpose|
|Size Category||Medium Sized goat Breed|
|Weight of Mature Male(2 years)||45 to 50 kg|
|Weight Of Mature Female(2 years)||40 to 45 kg|
|Age At First Kid||15 Months|
|Average BirthWeight of kid||2 kg(depends on No. of Kid)|
|Kidding Interval||7 months|
|Number of KidCrops in 2 Year||3|
|Gestation Length||150 days|
|Repeating Heat Cycle||21 days|
|Single Birth Percentage||8%|
|Average Milk Capacity||1.5 to 2 liter per day|
|Estrus period or Heat period Duration||24 to 36 Hours|
List of Goat farm in Kollam (Kerala)
Al Madina Nirmal Goat Farm – Mukkam, Mayyanad, Kerala 691303
- Goat farm Mulavana – Mulavana, Kerala 691503
- Palavacode Goat farm – Kattuputhussery, Kerala 695603
- Chettukuzhy goat and fish farm – Kollam, Kerala 691306
- Goat valley breeders and livestock – Kollam – Punalur – Tenkasi, Vellimon, Kerala 691014
List of Goat farm in Ernakulam (Kerala)
- Goat Farms in Kerala – Syrian Church Rd, Hospital Junction, Kunnathery Thikavu, Aluva, Kerala 683101
- K.R Goat farm – vadavucode
- Breeders Goat Farm – Sreenarayanapuram, Kodungallur, S.N. Puram-Asmabi College Road, Kerala 680665
- Fathima Goat Farm – Near Thadikkakkadavu Juma masjid West veliyathunad, Po, Aluva, Kerala 683511
List of Goat farm in Pathanamthitta (Kerala)
- Marukara Goat Farms – Maramon Thottapuzhacherry Road, Thottapuzhacherry, Kerala 689549
- Goats Villa – Goat Farm in kottayam mundakayam kerala
List of Goat farm in Trivandrum (Kerala)
Goat Farm Trivandrum
Goat farm in Kerala Project report
This is the goat farm Project report in Kerala. The price of Malabari Goat female is 9000 and the Price of Malabari Goat Male is 12000. It is the project report of 10 females and one male Malabari goat of Kerala.
|Weight of goat||Price per|
|Price of |
|30 kg 10 female |
|40 kg 1 Malabari |
|300×40||12000||12000×1 = 12000|
|Total purchasing |
Production of Malabari goat kids
|60% single 6 kids||6|
|40 % Twins 8 kids||8|
|60% single 6 kids||6|
|40 % Twins 8 kids||8|
|Total kids in 14 |
months from both crop
Mortality 10% means 2.8 goats died. Therefore, 25 goats remaining. It can be either male or female
Feeding cost 10 rs per day in which concentrate and dry forage are taken green forage should be used your own.
|No. of goat||Goat×feed |
|Cost of feed|
|11 goats feeding for |
14 months at 10 rs
feed per day
|25 kids, cost of feeding|
7 Rs for 4 months
after that they are
ready for sale
|10 kids save for Eid |
purpose feed them for
remaining 6 months or
180 days with 10 rs
per day feeding.
Sale of Goats
|No. of Kids for Sale||Kids x goat weight |
x sale weight
|4 kids are sold from |
first crop at age
of 6 months
|11 kids are sold from|
second crop at
age of 6 months
|10 goats sold On Eid |
at 500 rs per kg the
weight achieve on
1 year is 50 kg approx
|Total sale of Animal cost||346000|
Total Profit = total sale of animal cost – feeding cost
= 346000 – 85750
= 260250 Rs.
You can earn simply 260250 in 14 months from investing 102000 (10+1) Malabari goats. In this report, the monthly expenses like shed cost, labor cost, feeding equipment are not included.
To see the actual project report of (100+4) goats with all the expenses click the link below Goat farming Project report of (100+4) Goats