Project report for any types of business is important for beginners. In goat farming business project report will be the key factor of business.
This Goat farming project report shows, how you can earn profit from goat farming business. what you have to feed and what you have to sale. if you actually want profit from goat farming read this article step by step.
Goat farming in India is growing day by day, a lot of educated people entering in commercial goat farming, and goat farming Business plan is the first part of the business before starting it. All the equipment needed for commercial goat farm and profit guide is available here.
Please do keep the following points in mind while reading this Goat Farming project report :
- This is expenses statement for 14 months or 1 year 2 months.
- Before starting goat farming business it is very important that you should have good knowledge of the same.
- Take Goat Farming Training from reputed goat farm Before starting.
- Visit other goat farm and get training before starting yours to survey the housing, system, fodder management, handling goats, how to castrate bucks, etc.
- Please survey the land location, road access, water facility, and other useful things.
- Land cost is not included in this report.
- Never use goat milk for personal use, as kids need this milk up to 3 months.
- Goat gives kids twice in 14 months, the gestation period of 150 days.
- Under stall fed condition the ratio of kids is 60% twins and 38 % single and 2% triplets.
- Deworming the goats routinely.
- Expenses of vaccination and medicines are 20 rs. Per goat.
- Hint: goat farming should not be profitable if purchasing green fodder outside the farm.
- Concentration fodder: a mixture of maize, groundnut, barley, wheat bran, mineral mixture, salt.
- Green fodder: Moringa, berseem, sorghum, Hybrid Napier, subabul, lucern, dashrath, depends on the soil requirement of the area.
- To make the additional income in commercial goat farm sale manure or make vermicompost fertilizer from the manure. Use manure to cultivate green fodder for the farm And sale remaining manure.
Why Project Report of goat farming Needed
The Project report is required to set up the goat farm or take the idea that how much I can earn through this business. You can follow this report and can earn the highest Profit through this profitable venture.
This is the Proven Project report from one of the oldest goat farm of India, they worked on Sirohi goat breed because they gain weight quickly on stall feeding and one of the profitable goat breed of india.
This Project report is quite helpful to take the Bank loan and get a subsidy. on the basis of this project report bank sanction loan easily. it is the whole goat farming business plan you can follow and earn maximum profit in this venture.
this goat farming business plan is designed to understand easily for any of the bank Employees and hundreds of farmers from Maharashtra state have taken the loan form this Project report.
At the end of this article you can free download this project report
Goat Farming Business Plan & Project report
1. Goat purchasing cost
We purchased 100 Female and 4 Male. Weight of Female goat is 30 kg and a weight of 1 male 35 kg. the rate we purchased the Sirohi goat is 210 Rs/kg.
|210 rs |
|weight of |
is 30 kg
|weight of |
is 35 kg
Note: in India, you can easily start with 210 re per kg live goat weight with Goat Breeds like Sirohi, Barbari, Black Bengal and indigenous breed of any region
2. Goat Production cycle (14 months)
The ratio of kids is 60% twins and 40% single. 90 goats out of 100 are getting pregnant. We are getting 2 crops in 14 months With 10% mortality rate.
|1st crop||kids||Mortality||Remaining |
|60% of |
|40% of |
|60% of |
|54 x 2 |
|10 % |
|40% of |
|36 x 1 |
4 kids is
we get 129 kids in one batch (7 months). Or 258 kids in 14 Months.
3. Housing & Shed requirement for (100+4) goats:
Housing and equipment are the one-time investment in the commercial goat farm. Beginning investment is the needs of every business and these business require shed and equipment in the beginning.
Generally, 1 female goat required 10 Sqft Area. Male required 15 Sqft Area. Kid needs 5 Sqft Area.
We are Taking Area for (100+4) goats + 130 kids + 30 Bucks For Eid Purpose.
|Goats||Goats x |
|4 bucks |
|60 x 200|
|130 kids |
|30 bucks |
|30 x 15||450 |
4. Required Equipments Used to Start a Goatry Farm
1000 rs per
|1000 x 5||5000|
| water pots, |
200 rs per
|200 x 5||1000|
|Total cost of |
5. Feeding cost of (100+4) Goats and kids
|Cost of |
|104 Adult |
10 Rs per
day for 14
or 425 days
|129 kids |
6 RS per
day for 4
|29 kids save |
for Eid &
with 10 Rs
|Total cost |
- 10 Rs per day per goat cost is the only cost of dry and concentrate fodder, green fodder should be cultivated in our form to maximize the profit. The cost of cultivation of green fodder is not included in this project report.
- approximately 60% to 70% cost spent on the feed in commercial goat farming.
6. Monthly Expenses of a Goat farm
|Vaccine & |
20 Rs per
|362 x 20||7240|
1 labor is
|5000 x 12||60000|
|Water & |
|500 x 12||6000|
7. Sale of Animals
|No. of kids |
|Kids x goat |
|100 kids of |
20 kg is
sale in 210
rs per kg
|29 bucks of |
50 kg is for
sale on Eid,
is for sale
in 320 Rs
|100 kids of |
weight of 20 kg
is ready for
210 rs per kg
|Manure of |
|Total sale |
Total Fixed investment = Goat purchasing cost + Cost of shed + Equipments
Total Fixed Investment = 649400 + 432000 + 26000
Total Fixed investment = 1107400 Rs
Fixed investment is the one-time investment cost that is not included in the profit in this project report because every business needs the beginning investment.
Total profit = Total sale of Animal cost – (total cost of feed + total monthly expenses )
Total Profit = 1312000 – ( 587080 + 76240 )
Total Profit = 1312000 – 663320
Total Profit = 648680 Rs
you can simply earn 648680 rupees in 14 months by following this project report. The profit can fluctuate according to the market rate of goat feed.
Goat Farming Project report – Frequently asked Questions
1. How do You make a Goat farming Project Report?
This project report is completely Practical from one of the best goat farm in India. this goat farm works on Sirohi goat breed from the last 5 years. while making this project report the Indus goat farm Maintain all the cost on Excel sheet noted each and everything.
2. What is the Profit margin in goat farming?
it depends on your management and feed. Normally, the profit margin is 60% but if you grow your own concentrate feed then Profit can be 80%
3. Which Breed of Goat is Most Profitable ?
4. How do goat farmers make money ?
Generally, They grow their own Green, Dry and concentrate Feed and fed to goats and sale them on Eid at the rate of 20,000 to 25,000 Rs per goat and make money. The Beautiful goats give more than this Price.
Important tips for the beginner’s goat farmers and Entrepreneurs
- Do proper care and management during the transportation of goats in the beginning.
- Select the breed according to your region.
- don’t do over expenses on goat shed at the beginning of the farm.
- get the proper Training before starting a goat farm.;
- follow the proper vaccination and deworming schedule to get the maximum profit.
- your feeding cost should not be more than 10 rs per day per goat.
I have put so much effort to make this project report on goat farming through my own Experience to provide value for the upcoming Goat farmers or Goat farming Community. i have my own goat farm and this project report is completely practical. It will be very helpful for me if you share this post on social media, WhatsApp Groups, and for those who need it. SHARING IS LOVE